Thread: Rear Shocks
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #42
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I would look at replacing the s2 forks/calipers and disks with S4/S4R or ST4/S items first of all because they are better quality and cheaper and give a bit more adjustment although not ideal they are a little bit better than what you have currently and the brakes will be much better too. So you may not need to pay 800 quid for fork upgrades and as a bonus you get better stoppers too.

The Ohlins DU046 is without doubt a great quality upgrade which I have done to mine BUT with the titanium linkages and fixings it has the bling factor BUT the standard Ohlins that I bought is either sprung for a very light rider or mine has been re-sprung as such. I got a deal from an ex DD racer which had done 2 seasons DD races and it is really nice condition and it is noticeably better than the standard one' and the hydraulic preload adjuster was a god send since it seemed quite a bit undersrprung for me but now that no longer works its too soft so I am stuck with an expensive re-build for it. the Nitron looks to be good value and the pre-load adjuster is 150 extra so I would ask yourself if you need it? If you do pillion rides or luggage its a no brainer but if you don't then save yourself £150.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote