View Single Post
Old 22-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I also think its important to be persistent.
Even if you organise a monthly meet and the attendance is poor for 3 or 4 months, its quite likely that there are those who would have come, but had other commitments on the day, or just simply forgot. I would imagine that it takes time to establish a routine, so its important to keep plugging away at it.
The lincolnshire pub meet that you were organising a while back is a case in point....I was hoping to make it over myself from the midlands, but couldn't make the first couple of dates and then heard no more about it, so I forgot.
I must try and do more in the midlands this year. Financial constraints have limited my activities last year, but hopefully this year will be better. The east coast makes a nice run for east midlanders, so perhaps we could arrange a joint venture sometime. I'm particularly thinking of the ukbeg gathering at east kirkby.....maybe that run on to cleethorpes that you suggested last year could be an organised event....? The Fenman show too......again something that I've intended to get to, following your invitations on the forum, for the last two years, but one way or another I've been unable. Maybe I could organise a midlands run out to that this year.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote