View Single Post
Old 15-04-2024, 03:27 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Google maps ,,, meltdown !!!

So Saturday went for a ride on M750 from Cricklade to Kingsbury cafe on A40 near whitney Oxon , set it up on my phone with google maps ,, says 32 miles and 52 minutes ok off we go ,, however something went wrong I keep passing over same bridge and pub somewhere near Faringdon Oxfordshire , stop and check im 17 mile south of my destination and been going in a loop for almost 40 minutes ... WTF ,, go in a petrol station and consult an map ,,

Google maps has been telling me to turn right about 3 miles before Kingsbury cafe , so I ignore Google and continue straight and then left ,, heyho Im at my destination but its now been 61 miles and almost 2 hours WTF !!!

so I thought it was glitch until this morning when I have to take my motorhome to body shop repairs in Weston Super mare.... its easy down M4 -M5 62 miles and about 1hr 10 minutws

Oh no problem on M4 , big accident long delays on radio ,,, so i have to divert before Bristol Google maps then sends me towards Bath , then back into central Bristol then back up to M4 ?? WTF , then through Bristol again now im Peed off ,, get map book out and find some B roads that finally get me to M5 and Weston 3 damn hours and 107 miles ,, What is going on with Google maps ??? also when in Bristol it suddenly went on its own to pedestrian and sent me down a dead end ontoa cycle path took me a while to get out of that mess FFS

I am not trusting Google now ....

Came home from Weston on train and bus ,, train had a 25 minute delay in Bath as driver walked off ? and replacement was not around ??? Bus from swindon was OK