View Single Post
Old 18-11-2022, 05:33 PM   #72
buzzer

Bike: M900
Onto for me what is the most enjoyable part of a build... the wiring. I have a process for this I stick to. First I draw out the wiring diagram in Microsoft Visio, and colour code the wires. Then I order the wire in, which is quite cheap and any connectors I need. So often the standard of the electrics is what make a bike trouble free in the future. I then build the loom actually on the bike, circuit by circuit, wire by wire, which I hold temporarily in place with some Velcro cable ties. When its all in place I use that braided sheathing and close the ends with heat shrink tubing. it make a neat job. Rather than connect the main battery leads up, I use a fly lead with a 10 amp fuse just in case I make a mistake. I crimp, and if needed solder every joint. I have rubber mounted the coils and put them on an alloy heat sink. I also like to make my own HT leads out of solid copper lead, so I can get them to fit perfectly...

I have also used up the last of the Tygon fuel tube I had in stock... Its 8mm ID and I am unable to source any more without buying a large quantity, which is really annoying.