View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #11
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt1548 View Post
People mention Italian Electrics, they are no worse of than any other bike if you look after them, ensuring connectors are clean and not damaged etc. Relay's can be a bugbear but change them for some from Pyro Dan in US, dirt cheap and really good quality.

The only electrical problem I've had was a pin snapped on the ecu.

I am going to contradict myself here, on the Bellagio, and possibly I think the early Griso, Grumpy may confirm more, there can be instrument panel gremlins, I think it's to do with dampness but there is a workaround by drilling a couple of wee holes in the bottom corner of the cluster. If you go for an early one change the switch gear for Triumph starter on the right and Yamaha for lights etc., as the early switch gear, (lego), is not very sturdy at the least!

The instrument panel did mist up when the bike was new. It was replaced under warranty. I dropped a silicone gel pack inside and have had no further problems.
The switch gear has been reliable, still original

The Griso's fuel pump is in the petrol tank. The feed pipe has a tenancy to pop off every 10k or there abouts. It's an easy fix with a new retaining clip. I'm not aware of the Cali having the same problem.

I know of a couple that are probably for sale, a lovely Ballabio at a decent price and a Daytona similar to Alan s4's.

Pm me about The Ballabio

The spares situation is very good with mostly enthusiasts running spares shops, Gutsibits in UK springs to mind.

Totally agree, whilst dealing with the official importer can be a pain for spares, Gutsbits are good guys. There is also a German company ( who's name escapes me at the mo) who are v good

Sorry about my droning on!, and sorry for, like Alan, a gratuitous link to my 1000S on the day I sold it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEu0...ature=youtu.be

That's got to be on a list of ' bikes i should never of sold!'