View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #7
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
You could try getting in touch with "Exige" on the "other" forum.
He's an agent for Chris Kelley / Exactfit belts and will probably be able to supply the Keihins, although I have no idea if the price would be favourable.
One possible advantage of getting them from Chris Kelley is that he will check that the jetting etc is good for a base setting for your application.

I have some FCR39s waiting to go on my 750.
Tbh my main reason for getting them was that I am reliably informed that they are immune from the carb icing that the std diaphragm carbs suffer from as soon as the autumn weather sets in.
I probably wouldn't have bothered getting them were it not for the fact that I do ride the monster in all weathers and throughout the year ... road salt permitting.
I wasn't massively concerned with any performance gain .. though I will probably enjoy that too.
Actually, its more about weight saving and simplicity than engine performance tbh, cos I plan to fit them in conjunction with a single-can exhaust (followed by a dyno set up for the whole caboodle).

I was lucky enough to get the last set on ebay before the post-referendum price rise.
I won't tell you how much I got them for .. it would only make you miserable.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote