View Single Post
Old 28-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #24
sparkyman

[QUOTE=Mr Gazza;526887]You're welcome.. It was info originally kindly sent to me by Capo.

So are you saying that the S4R rocker is not a straight forward swap into the ie frame?

Unfortunately not - The ie rocker has a 70mm pivot, whilst the S*R has a 100mm pivot

The ie rear rocker pin is connected to hoop, whilst the front rocker pin is connected to shock. The ie Rocker is inline, not offset like the S*R. The hoop (link Rod) lower ends on on a different axis to the shock, being mounted on the upper surface of the swigarm whilst the shock lower axis is lower in the swingarm and further forward.

S*R rear rocker pin is for shock, whilst front is for link rod, both lower ends connected to same axis on swingarm, so the overall geometry is quite different but still has the progressive (rising rate) characteristics. Sie Ohlins shock is 325mm centres, whilst the S*R Showa is 300mm centres (I believe - can anybody confirm the Showa centres for me ?)

The R/H rocker mount on the ie frame may be in correct alignment, which would mean I only have to relocate the L/H rocker mount on the tube by shifting it 30mm to the left. Worse case is I'll have to re-locate both mounts

I believe the vertical distance of the ie rocker mount centres from the swingarm pivot centres is the same as the S*R and is in the same fore/aft position relative to swingarm pivot, so it's just a question of re-aligning one (or maybe both) rocker mounts on the frame cross member to align the whole assembly and accomodate the 100mm width of the S*R rocker boss

M900Sie Ohlins Shock: Kais-Ohlins advise my 325mm unit can be shortened to 300mm (As S*R showa shock ??), but I'm told there are different ways of achieving this. Still awaiting further information and prices to see if it's viable. The Ohlins remote unit is fully adjustable, not sure about the S*R units which have rebound only ? (Showa?). Other issue with Showa piggyback type shock is a frame tube requires crimping to clear the reservoir, so trying to avoid this if poss....

Last edited by sparkyman; 28-04-2016 at 09:18 PM..