View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #25
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I much prefer the look without the teatray, but I think I'd be reluctant to cut an unmolested frame now.

That reminds me, who was going to send me a cut off bit of frame so I could make a couple up to replace previously removed ones?

Nasher
Really? To me the most important feature of my bike is to do all the things I like, including my preferences. So engine mods (done), suspension upgrades (coming), cosmetic revamp (almost finished).

Personally -and I may very well be wrong- these bikes are not worth huge money. They have been made in large numbers and are a well liked bike, but only have a hardcore niche group that attach value to them. Looking at eBay listed bikes and what they sell for, the value of original early 90's bikes in good condition is still flat. Of course a virtually unridden, pristine bike is different, but how many of us have one of those?

If my bike is still in one piece in fifty years it might be be worth more than I could afford. It also might be worthless as the "electronic box" could have failed making the bike unusable. Besides I will be dead and it won't matter to me anymore!

Ducati investment? I'd be looking at a 916. Ducati life? An air cooled Monster, ridden, customised, modified - ideally a 900...