View Single Post
Old 17-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #838
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Thanks guys,
The carbie monster tank does not have a seal, the filler cap assembly simply drops into a recess in the tank and bolts to the bottom surface of the recess, so no worries about accuracy and machining grooves for "o" rings etc.
I agree that splitting the tank through the middle of the recess would be a) difficult and b) likely to lead to flash lines. The precise positioning of the mould splitting for the top surface of the tank is still "fluid", current thinking is to split it front to back rather than down the middle with the widest point of the frame the reference point at the base of the tank and the highest point of the expansion blister (as per 900SS tank) at the top.

I bought the dumb bells of e bay for £25 delivered , wish I'd known about them a few months ago, thanks anyway Mr Gazza.
As to rear wheel /sprocket/swinging arm/chain alignment I will check this when it gets put together but I cannot foresee it being a massive issue as the Chain alignment with the swinging arm is fixed , the only concern is the position of the surface the sprocket bolts to on the wheel relative to the inside of the swinging arm.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote