Thread: First Ducati...
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #9
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by longreach View Post
Hello there

I’m just in the process of purchasing my 1st Ducati and have chosen the 797 monster , and was wondering if it’s as good as it looks ,I’ve been riding for over
40 years ,not a big believer in all out power makes a good bike ,just looking
For the smile factor .
Mark
Welcome to the Ducati fold and (hopefully) the delights of Monster ownership.

Out of the current Monster range I actually think the 797 is the most true to the original with it's similar styling and air cooled motor, which I am guessing is the same that powers the 800 Scramblers, now quite refined by fuel injection compared to it's carb'd predecessors, of which my '97 900 still puts the biggest smile on my face after almost twenty years of ownership and 'just' thirty seven years of legally riding motorcycles.

But lets not get started on the air/water cooled debate- it was mentioned once here and went on for ever- lets just hope you've chosen a red one because they're faster .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
It was the lowest powered bike I've ever owned but it was loads of fun!

I do have to say that the novelty factor of chucking a small light bike around did wear off after about a year
I am guessing that you never went through the ranks of various 'pedal and pop's' around the garden and local woodland before having to endure either the 250 or 125cc route onto two wheels then?

As for the novelty wearing off, I think a lot of it depends on the roads you ride most- but even then it's easy to blast past in a straight line and then hold people up in the corners

Last edited by Flip; 16-12-2019 at 07:39 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote