View Single Post
Old 23-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #14
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
Dukedesmo. you used the 916 throttle assembly to help idle, can I ask how you did it. I’d love to do this but my 916 has 1 cable and my monster is a 2 cable job. So is it just the 916 throttle case with the fast idle button you used.
When I bought the FCRs they were supplied with a 'Motion Pro' twistgrip and throttle cable and I used this for a while.

The Motion Pro has 2 cables - an opening and closing cable both of which split into two again, so 4 cables to open and close each carb individually.

I used a 916 throttle/twistgrip with a single cable but made a new cable setup using the 1 into 2 opening cable part of the Motion Pro - basically attached a single cable from the twistgrip to a splitter which already had the correct ends at the correct length to fit the carbs. There is no provision for the closer cable but it's not needed either as the FCRs have strong enough springs to close by themselves (I think the closer cables are a US 'liability' thing anyway?).

916 throttle has a faster action than the Motion Pro and so it was a very short throttle pull so, to this end I fitted a 'throttle tamer' cam into the twistgrip that smooths out the action, it is still a very quick action throttle - about the same as my 916 which has a quick action cam fitted, only much heavier due to the carb springs.

It works very well and I like it like it much better than the Motion pro setup.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote