View Single Post
Old 21-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #29
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrawlings View Post
It’s strange then that you got on with the 696 but not the evo. I really do hope you get it running how you want Bob as you seem to be experiencing exactly what people who had never ridden a Ducati told me it would be like. I’m off to pick up the sprocket today but doubt I’ll have a chance to get it done anytime this week but as soon as it’s on and I’ve ridden it I’ll report back
Yes, please do!

As Chris has said, they do differ from each other. Obviously they do have similarities too, which is one of the reasons I've now got the evo. I loved the 696, it was so much fun, but having come from much more powerful bikes the novelty kind of wore off and ultimately I needed more shove, not just for me but because I often carry a pillion. I was like "If only this bike had some more grunt..." so the Evo was one of the logical choices, and I prefer the styling over the 1100\1100s.

Don't get me wrong though, on the open road it's a joy. Its only real failing (at least, the only one I'm really bothered about) is the low speed fuelling, IMO.
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote