View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #16
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
No, indeed Geoff, spot on. and I did actually serve my apprenticeship on air cooled early '90's Dukes (750/900SS) and so I can appreciate the airhead mentality but despite there shortcomings I stayed loyal to the brand but wanted to performance upgrade so went to to 4V LC bikes by way of the 748 and loved the overall madness of that particular bike. I should have sold it when it started to cost megabucks to maintain but I didn't and so it sits preserved in my dining room as a thing of beauty having last been ridden about but 6-7 years ago. But I digress, the 4V S4 Monster is not such an ornament or desirable as such as the 748/916 are but just as equally mad financially , probably more so but just a tad more practical for this aging body. More torque and power than a 916? yes please.

The 748 serves as just a reminder that if the bike exceeds your own limits by so much then you are probably close to or pushing your own. You can just go crazy fast on one on any road and it feels so slow. On the Monster at least you know when you are pushing the limits, you, the bike lets you know.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote