View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #59
Flip

Bike: M900
I have no experience of either as a monoshock (my old race bike originally had Hagons on when I bought it though) but I really can't recommend Nitron shocks enough- I've had mine on my 900 for eleven years now and it looks as good as new after having it serviced- they even corrected a little design fault and fitted a new top free of charge so their customer service is about as good as it gets too. They'll even fit a black spring if you don't like their trademark turquoise, with all springs fitted to match your weight etc. of course.

http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_it...1&prodID=73986

Before the service:

Measuring Pre-Load:

Fully serviced and looking new after eleven years:

I am also a big Maxton fan and have their internal GP20 conversion on my Monster and on my little race bike along with a pair of their shocks on the rear. Again customer service and quality is exemplary but they can get very busy before and during the race season due to so many people using them which I am sure you are aware of.

The race bike's rear:

Obviously there are the makes already mentioned and well known to be of good quality with reflecting prices but another budget option could be YSS perhaps but again I have no experience of them but details can be found here:

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/ducati/m...ies_monoshock/

One thing that I have noticed though is that the YSS one has holes in the pre-load adjusting ring (the same as Nitron and Maxton- not sure about the other makes) meaning that with the very limited access to the top of the shock when fitted makes adjustment a lot easier than a 'C' spanner which the Hagon uses.

Also the Hagon has a stainless body and the YSS looks to be anodised Aluminium so I guess you pays ya money and takes ya choices.

If it were my cash I'd have no hesitation in choosing Nitron again though.