View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #10
Desmo Dreaming

Bike: S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I just noticed you said 100 miles on new plates so its unlikely to be that they are tanged, basket maybe. Did you check the pack height when you fitted new plates? If its too high it can drag slightly which can give strange squawking noises.

Is the dished plate installed right way around in the right place? I'm just "clutching" at straws really! But it doesn't sound serious if its working ok and goes away, it might just be bedding in.
Hiya, I had the plates out the other night and gave it all a good clean, I haven't had chance to test it yet as it was getting pretty late by the time I had finished. The stack height was around 38/39mm ish. Does that sound right? not sure what you mean about a dished plate.....should that worry me?! LOL. There are two plates that go in first then alternating plates between friction plates, I don't remember seeing anything that looked 'dished' . When I changed the plates I took everything out and put it all back in the same way it came out. Obviously that doesnt mean it was right in the first place but this weird noise only started recently and some time since the plates were changed. I'm planning on going to a bike meet on Thursday evening in (whitchurch if any other Monster owners will be there, pop and say hello!) so I'll see if the noise has gone. I wasn't going to post anything until I'd tested it but then I re-read your post and the 'dished' plate thing had me worried.
Desmo Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote