View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #9
Desmo Dreaming

Bike: S4
Cheers for all the suggestions guys, when I installed the new friction plates last year, I also installed a new basket too. I remember checking the spacers with some calipers and they all were within tolerance. I can't remember if I checked the stack as a whole or not but I'll double check when I strip it down again.

Myself and a friend had quite the debate as to whether to install the 10mm Oberon spacer or not, I'm glad I went with my gut and didn't fit it, the clutch operation seems fine and is certainly better than the 'Olympic shot putter' pull weight of the original. I also made sure the slave was fitted after the pressure plate and rod so I could make sure the anti-spin pin lined up correctly.

I think I'll order a new top hat that goes on the end of the push rod. The one that was installed was pretty mucky and had a bit of rust on it so I went to town with the dremmel (Doh'h!!) only realised there was an o-ring in there once I'd sanded it down to a nice flat, flush finish lol. To be fair the noise was there before I did that but I'll fit a new one anyway for ****s and giggles.

I'll give it a ruddy good clean out and check the spacer plates etc. I'll check the dished plate, I'm pretty sure I put it all back in the same way it came out tbh but I'll check anyway.

I had to Google the Lithium grease thing Dukedesmo, LOL, I thought "put grease on the clutch plates? what shall I put it on with? my glass hammer and sky hooks?" To be fair, I don't think I could A - be arsed with the faff and B - my misses would chin me.
Desmo Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote