View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #80
RossObey01

I'm not sure about that Gazza, it's been in bits longer than it's been on the road!

Early start today to make sure it was ready for my trip to Wales. I'm currently in Bridgewater services waiting for my friend, so I was successful!

I'd prepped the bike on Wednesday so all I had to do was fit the new one and finish up. I took the time to clean out and regrease the bearings in the link arm. No seized rollers so should be good for a little while. Fortunately I found an Abba skylift in the corner of the workshop, which made the job a lot easier.

The skylift is a great bit of kit. Took a little fiddling to get both pins in because the bike was too low, when the skylift is completely lowered the arm lifts slightly at the other end and makes the pins different heights. So a bit of manhandling was in order.

No problems getting the new shock on, chain tension reset and off I went! At least, I would have if it started. Took about an hour of trying, cleaning plugs, charging and jump starting before it eventually fired into life. The battery is shagged but it's not been started in a while either, although it has been on a trickle charger for weeks...

I didn't have time to fiddle with preload and sag, but initial impressions mean it can't be far out.

All loaded and ready to go! I like the blue and yellow.