Thread: Ducati Coventry
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
JMo

Don't get your knickers in a lather...

As Rtxim says, don't get too exicited - that's just another MCN photoshop lash-up - just like the new R1 on the front cover, and all the big trailie sports tourers (Triumph Tiger excepted) on pages 6 & 7...

I must say, while I'm sure MCN do have the odd contact on the inside, more recently all their 'scoops' are little more that speculative twaddle...

While I sincerely hope the new 999 (or 1099 or 1199 whatever it is) does look something like that picture, I honestly can't see them going back to a single sided swingarm when no bike in WSB or MotoGP uses that technology... sure it looks fancy on a street bike (hey, don't I just know it!) and is useful on an endurance racer perhaps, but Ducati always race what the sell/sell what they race, so I reckon all we'll really see is bodywork styling make over more inline with the MotoGP bike to be honest... and even then I'm not sure they'll 'go back' to the 916 style lamps - afterall, even the CBR is looking a bit dated with that style of headlamp now?

Still, it's bound to be a great bike, and you'll have the first one - you tart!

xxx