Thread: Returning rider
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Sounds good but as noted not actually as rare as might be hinted at, more rare because the people that have them are probably keeping them. But it looks well fitted out.
As with all of these things if you have a look and you get that overwhelming feeling of lust for the bike then it's the one you ought to get, otherwise walk away.

If you are planning on laying the bike up over winter then drain the tank and leave it somewhere warm and dry for a few months.
The water in the plastic will flash out and the tank shrink back to close to where it started,
Then seal it with one of the slow set epoxy kits you can buy and it won't give you any problems in the future. Even if it looks good for size then it isn't a bad idea to seal it anyway.

On the same theme I have an ex swollen S2R tank in scratched orange that's been sitting in the dry for 6 months so will be close to standard again.
Anyone want's it let me know.