View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomfoolery View Post
Sounds alright to me, and mostly batch issues.

From a home servicing point of view, the belts are the same setup as earlier Dukes right? Anyone know how you adjust the valves (shim and bucket or locknut or whatever?) Not worked on a Desmo head before.
I have for the first time bought a new one. So I took to a dealer and very happy with them @ Ducati ashford ( Laguna's )
First service was £180 thats the yearly one where they found the discs problem. Just had service 2 ie 24 month with belts. Mileage was low so nothing major. Cost as expected was £440 but 4 hrs plus , actually more like 5 as they knew I was going to UKMOC trackday and wanted it right for me. But I got to play on the EVO for free.
After 2 years the warranty can be extended at a cost but you can use who you trust or prefer. If you a good mechanic diy but their are some things I would leve to a trained ducati guy. The biggest problem you would face is the predetermined dash service light. It needs software system to be turned off.
Basic stuff is fine. Brakes ,oil change etc. Shims I wouldnt as you need a kit .
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote