View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #55
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
And it's alive!

Ended up jumping it off the car since I was too impatient to wait for the battery to get enough charge. After I'd dialed down the idle and let it warm up, I put the carbtune on to find that they were both more or less in sync, but I did fine tune them a wee bit - managed to get them within 1cmHg. In the end, having the airbox off the carbs (but still sitting on top), I could use the mounting holes to get a sight to the sync screw and get a small screwdriver in there (pain in the arse but once I had it lined up it was easier to get it back there between throttle blips).

Idles beautifully at around 1100-1200rpm, pulls away nicely up to past 9k rpm.

When part-throttle cruising at around 4k, it does pop a wee bit, and if I go from part to full throttle (chopping down a gear as well, usually), there is a decent hesitation for a second or two before it pulls away. So something to smooth out (unless it turns out to be due to the valve clearances, in which case it'll wait till winter...).

All in all the bike is running pretty damn nicely and is perfectly rideable as-is. I'm going to take it for a longer ride tomorrow for more of a shakedown.

Edit: This is my 69th post. Nice.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote