View Single Post
Old 26-07-2004, 11:41 PM   #2
marchesini
Um, thinking of something

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pearson
First job is to try and improve the ride position. I find the standard S4 bars slightly too low and narrow for me, and would like to fit some standard bars.
Anyone got any recommendations on a replacement top yolk for the S4. Are the standard cables etc. long enough for slightly wider/higher bars?
After looking at some of the tailchops at Mallory, methinks that will be next on the list.............

TIA.....Dave
Ducati do a kit which is the S4R set-up for the S4. It consists of handlebars, top yoke, clamps and all bolts - roughly about £250 but you would need to check on that. Part no: 96827601B. I don't know if that is a higher riding position than the existing S4 clipons as I thought that the S4R is a sportier ride than the S4??

Another thing is that if you are set on taking the weight off the front end, you should invest in a steering damper. If you do any kind of 'spirited' riding, the Monster prefers your weight over the front to calm it down a bit. Although they are not everyones cup of tea, lower clip-ons are often recommended to make the front end more stable. Great for fast stuff but not so good for commuting. but then again, personally speaking, comfort isn't a number one issue for me - I'm commuting into London on a 996 at the moment. - my neck and me are not on good talking terms at the moment.

Something to think about anyway,

hope this helps,

best regards

simon
marchesini is offline   Reply With Quote