View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #953
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
The tank capacity is probably between 4 and 5 gallons and is quite narrow (no wider than +5mm on the frame rails) and about 30mm taller than a standard Monster tank so some sort of baffling is desirable, particularly fore and aft.
I researched fuel cells but they are expensive (>£300), also the foam blocks you can insert through the filler cap (at least £120) with no guarantee that I would be able to get the foam blocks to locate to the back of the tank satisfactorily.
My tank baffles whether strictly necessary or not will cost virtually nothing other than time as I have made the CF sheet already. So I might as well make them

As to a tank cover I am way too far down the line to contemplate that and in any case it would just be additional weight.

I have come to the conclusion that attempting to put the transverse baffles in the tank top and introducing over the fore and aft baffle bonded to the tank bottom will not fly so today I started cutting up the remains of the CF sheet I made to make 3 baffles. Dropping the Dremel and bending the arbor for the cutting disc stopped play prematurely.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote