View Single Post
Old 30-07-2021, 08:38 PM   #32
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well the cheapo mirrors came this morning and when I got home from the MOT I had a go at fitting them.

Quality looks and feels absolutely fine. No instructions, but one comes fully assembled and the other has the mounting bits packed separately so it will fit the dinky box. so just use the assembled one as a guide for the other.

The smaller collets are 13mm so should have fitted my alloy bars, but my bars were a tad smaller than that, in fact the original bar ends had been forced in and needed levering carefully out.
I ran a 13mm drill bit down the ends of the bars about an inch and a half and the mirrors slid in and then nipped up solidly. Should be plug and play with more up to date alloy bars?

They adjust in all planes, then they can be nipped up into position. The flip back action is good and positive, I don't think the Mach 1 blast will fold them back.

Not sure about the image though. The field of view is wider and unhindered by elbows but everything looks small. (or far away Dougal!)

Also not sure about the new bald, spread-eagled look either? Nor how far further out of my field of forward vision they are.

I'll be out and about between (and during) showers this weekend so I'll report back.