View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie

Mickey Mouse mirrors are still used and the silencers are original Monster too, but cored and polished ones from an M750.... those are about an inch and a half shorter than the 900 ones, so they sound and look better.

The swinging arm, hoop, footrest hangers and some other little bits are powder coated with a mirror chrome finish by Aerocoat.

I fitted some mvs rear wheel adjuster plates as the old ones were scruffy, even after painting with the Brembo Gold. They probably look better, but I was disappointed that they are heavier than the original steel ones and I still gained some grams, even fitting Ti nuts at the same time.!

A little mod I did that was quite involved, yet hardly noticeable, was to add a digital clock on the dash... Very handy, and it lights up with the lights too.

Another hopefully subtle mod, is my headlamp adapter ring, (Brembo Gold again!) which allows me to fit a standard 7" headlamp unit. this gives a huge choice of units to improve upon the standard Bosch one. The rings are fully developed now and will soon be available for members to buy. I'm really pleased with my new powerful light. It makes night riding a pleasure.

I also made the timing side a little sleeker by fitting oil cooler lines from a Hypermotard. These both run under the front pot and up to the cooler nearly out of sight.
I made up a longer starter lead too, and that runs along the frame and down the nearside of the pot to the starter, again almost completely out of sight.