View Single Post
Old 26-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #13
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I had no idea that the standard S4's were fetching 4k nowadays, but its been a while since I checked so with that in mind and the fact that there is easily 1.5k s/hand prices in Challenge extras on your bike you may want to hold out for more or keep the bike.

I picked up a low mileage S4 Fogarty 8 years ago with a Dream machine paint job and a private plate worth 1k for just less than 4k and the only other 3 S4 Foggys I have seen for sale in UK since then were all asking 5 figures but lets not forget that they were an official factory limited edition 300 bike run and had all the stuff that was with them at the time like the stand, cover and jacket, bike number plate etc. I don't have the cover, stand or jacket with mine, but who cares?

I think I got lucky on that particular bike at the time as it was the dealers own bike and he was broke, but I love it cos its so mad and have since piled a load of cash into it to get it how I wanted it and added a load of extra goodies like carbon tank/DP seat unit/full floating disks with 4 pad calipers/Ohlins shock, Corbin saddle, oil cooler and replaced all the plastic body work with full carbon bodywork plus a load of other stuff like all the small DP trim stuff plus adjustable rake billet yokes and clip ons, full DP slipper clutch, DP flywheel, PCIII and custom remap, aftermarket clutch slave and probably a load more stuff which I can't remember!

If I added it all up I would probably have a heart attack, but its insured for 5 figures now anyway but could most likley never be replaced anyway.

The S4 Challenge is more of a standard bike but a dealer special with some DP parts added to comply with the race series, but there were a lot fewer in number than the Foggy which was only a 300 unit run but from what I can gather those 300 Foggy bikes were assembled manually by Ducati Performace separately from the main assembly line. and I have since discovered that they put the wrong ECU into them all! They were '02 bikes with the spec '02 wiring but they put the '01 DP ECU into them, still works but one cooling fan won't work because of the ECU/wiring fk up.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote