View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #24
Andy B

Bike: M900
Feeling up for a bit of thread revival now

Following Albie's '93 900 rebuild inspired me to get off my bum and start with my Annabel's 900 rebuild afterall, we got it back in February, and the original plan was to just enjoy it over summer.... ok, I did a couple of small improvements in the meantime, but the priority was rebuilding my Moto Guzzi, and then come winter i'd have a go at getting it stripped down, cleaned and sorted ready for the riding season next year...

so since the Guzzi has been finished

and it now feels like its well and truly winter, i've started stripping the ol' girl down ready..

Wasn't long before finding more PO Bodges.... seen it far too often, stripped wires just twisted around each other with a bit of tape to seal it....come on! it's a Ducati FFS

Luckily this was just the indicator wiring and nothing too serious...

Ended up bidding on a spare fuel tank and got it for 30 odd quid....

needs a new paint job mind, but my old man's into his classic cars and does his own paint and has some white and grey thats sat there doing nowt so said he'd do them for me once the weather gets a little better...

Only really went for it since it's got the old elephant on the cap....

got a thing for the logo, although i'm not sure why... but there's a fair few kicking around on the bike considering it was registered in '97... thought they were only on the earlier ones - it's even got the cagiva brake/shifter rubbers....
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote