View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #16
Andy B

Bike: M900
well, i've got a week to go until Annabel's birthday, and since the bike was her early birthday present, i thought i'd better get some proper exhausts for it for the actual day

and so far i've managed to keep it a total secret from her! (something i've yet to pull off)

Actually had the exhausts a while now, but getting round to fitting them wasnt a rush, and doing it without her knowledge also slowed things down...

Got it into work for a trial fit...

and they were a tad on the long side

Nothing a hacksaw wouldn't fix!

second trial fix and looks a whole lot better

No hanging brackets came with them so had to throw together a couple of pieces of ali... think they've turned out ok... my curiosity will have to wait until next weekend though

The only downside to the cans, is they're marked not for road use.... Now, the original cans i have are Remus too, and the ends measure up (as best i can without butchering them) pretty well, so im hoping to get the ends off the standard cans and fit them to the carbon cans so they're nice and legal (as possible)... we will be riding into N.Wales a fair bit and the last thing i want to do is give the Heddlu a reason to stop us...

Last thing (until winter now at least) was to make a case saver...i'm a cheap so having the expense of a new engine if the chain ever does give doesn't appeal, so bit of stainless of ebay and half a dozen cutting discs (stainless doesn't half eat through em!) and my mind is at rest!

She's getting there bless her
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote