View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #15
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez900ie View Post
What a great story - amazing co incidence that you spotted it on Albies post and then able to not only buy it, but to get it in great condition.

Enjoy!
It was a dog when I got it tbh. Just serviced and new clutch when I bought it. Dirty and unloved. I fitted after searching for a alloy swingarm and then all the axle and adjusters brand new. Changed the clutch to remote and from 916 never got to do the brake but had the part . Replaced one rear footrest hanger I think and had to paint it black and lots of fasteners. Got the rear seat cover too but seems to have gone AWOL between me selling to Scrapps and Liz buying from him.
The steel swingarm was twisted by almost 20mm and original single silencer was grazed too beyond reasonable repair so I sleeved it with carbon fibre. The rear exhaust outlet pipe was so thin and leaking I had it welded at the time I think via GT as big oz was not the main man.
I also started making the mono seat but sold that too as it was going to be super light fashion. Basically I got bored with it and scrapps regretted selling his ss750 to shuffy of this parish.
I bought it on a whim after selling stupidly my 748 and was on the verge going to get, but snow interfered buying the ss900 or was it 750 that Yorkie now has.

Long may it bring you joy.

Last edited by Albie; 15-03-2020 at 07:53 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote