Thread: Fuel Filter
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #8
BeePee

Bike: S2r
OK thanks for the info folks, I'm hoping that's all it is ?

Met the guys from Ducati Manchester with SDC at The Green Welly on Sunday and broke down on my way home.

She's never missed a beat in her 800 miles so far and was going great but never fired properly in the morning.
2 hour ride to the meet and then struggled to start again, I was out overtaking on a lovely fast stretch and oh oh, nothing, dead and coasted to a stop.
Got her going again and from there to Inverary never missed a beat but was only cruising, over the bridge outside Inverary and gave her some to wheelie over it a wee bit and she died again 100yds later, game over.

While waiting for the AA to arrive about 8 hours hours later I got her going again and headed back to Inverary for food and water, just tickled her along at 30mph and she's not started again since.
Turning over great but not firing, when I took the tank off after draining it as much as I could I found dirt floating about, I blew through the removed filter and it didn't clear at first, are they directional ?
After blowing through the other side it cleared.

AA were shocking !

Called at 14.40, independent mechanic assessment at 4pm "so what do you think is wrong with it, I don't know anything about bikes" he said

Passed back to the AA for recovery and was collected at 10pm, home at midnight !