View Single Post
Old 24-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #14
desmobob

I've had a couple of decent ride outs on my 1100s the last two days, and as usual, the Duc feels like it should.

Pulls like a class full of public schoolboys, and has me whooping out loud in my helmet.

Couple of niggles tho... me nads keep sliding into the tank so I may look into a seat reshape. Possibly get a nice cover on it at the same time.

Think I need to raise the bars a little so if anyone can recommend a set of risers, I'd be obliged. Worried that too high a lift will block the clock face.

Light on the dash needs to be on in daylight hours. Is this possible?

Plus side= It handles amazingly well, and it's only on the standard settings. Holds a line round a bend as well as my old 900ss, and that was GOOD! She looks absolutely beautiful from all angles. The sound is thunderous. And then there's the feel. It comes through the bars, through the pegs and thru the seat of your pants. The uneducated call it vibration. We call it character. Two big eff off cylinders rising and falling, completely undamped by a water jacket, transferring the thumping power strokes through the block and the frame.

These bikes have a soul, I do declare.