View Single Post
Old 18-07-2022, 07:16 PM   #13
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I've got a Ducati Manual which covers 2000 M900Sie.
Colour me jealous! Been keeping an eye open for one since I bought the Dark almost 10 years ago... The up-to-1999 are plentiful (and I own one) and the 2002-on one isn't that rare. But never a 2000-2001 copy. Except for some odd-ball (Italian/Japanese maybe) that didn't have English.

Quote:
Quite a weighty tome! and info scattered all over the place.
Yeh, The PDF is ideal for printing out a page or 3 to get greasy thumbprints on - but I find it much easier to browse a "real" copy when looking for info that' could be a dozen pages away.. Or more.

And for some reason, I find it a lot harder to parse multiple languages in different columns on a screen into information as opposed to when its on paper...

Quote:
It gives fixed tensioner @ 19Nm M8 x 1. Mobile tensioner @ 26NM M8 x 1.25

It also says use Loctite 243 (high strength) on both, but I never do on the mobile tensioner. Good idea on the fixed one though.
Huh, interesting. Apparently (eg "some guy on the internet said once") the 896 shop manual gives 20Nm for the fixed, with Loctite on the fixed (only? I think).

Evolution I guess.

Quote:
I never assume when actually torqueing down though.
Heh - sounds like a plan... "I've got a torque wrench so I'm gonna use it" is pretty much my default position. Although it's surprising how close you often get to the spec'd torque figure just based on thread size together with common sense/experience/feel.
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote