View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #57
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Glad you seem to have ironed out most it’s issues- a little odd if it’s popping about on a part throttle while cruising though but could just be it clearing its throat after getting going again. Did you check the diagrams after all the disassembly?
Do you mean the diaphragms? They're in tip-top shape, so no worries there.
'popping' might not be the best description. I'll be cruising at part-throttle, and around 4k seems to be the place with the biggest problem (possibly 3-4k), and it'll start to hesitate a wee bit if I 'adjust' the throttle - then if I chop a gear and open it up, there'll be a noticable hesitation right before it picks up and pulls as normal. Taking off from idle is fine, it's just that troublesome part of the rev range at part throttle.

Quote:
It’s nice to know it reaches maximum revs reasonably cleanly but pressing on by revving it to 9k through the gears is kind of missing the point of the old 2v 900 as that’s way past peak torque which the wave you want to be riding to enjoy the bike at its best.
The note about it pulling strongly past 9k was really just a test, I don't go thrashing it whenever I'm out! But I had to put it through its paces after stripping the carbs
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote