View Single Post
Old 19-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #27
benaround

Funkatronic; I too have had higher than expected bills from RC on occasion, but i dont think accusing them of padding the bill is at all fair

Apologies everyone for the radio silence, but I've had the most hectic two days at work. Back to the point: to be absolutely clear, I never claimed RC padded the bill - had I felt this way, I would have taken it up with them directly. Following conversations with some of the older members of this forum over the weekend, the intention for this thread was to have a meaningful conversation and debate regarding prices from different workshops. I do believe in that respect, we have succeeded.

To those fellow members who have suggested working on the bike myself, I would say there is nothing that would give me more satisfaction. God knows if I were one of the characters in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, I would not be driving a BMW The problem with that is, I work very long hours almost every day and sometimes including weekends, so the time is simply not there. In those instances, it is a huge relief to know someone who can look after your bike as if it were theirs and if that can go hand-in-hand with a reasonable fee structure, then you can really feel blessed.