View Single Post
Old 14-06-2019, 04:44 AM   #939
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Nothing photogenic happened these last couple of days, but progress was made. The hugger got one more CF lamination and, around the lower attachment points a further layer. The first two fill and rub down cycles were undertaken with probably another two before it is ready for primer.
The air scoops also had 2 fill and rub down cycles with possibly just one more before they are also ready for primer.
I resurrected my first failed infill panel with a couple of fill and rub down cycles. I have done this because I have no idea whether or not my swivelling wiring loom connector plate will work. As designed the loom will pass through the infill panel then through a rubber fork gaiter and the 5 way AMP connectors will be attached to the rotating plate with the axis of the connectors vertically down the line of the headstock.
When the steering is turned to the left the plate with the connectors attached will swivel clockwise hopefully virtually eliminating any stress on the wiring passing round the headstock. The other side of the connectors will have sufficient free loom to accommodate this swivelling for the various sub looms to the instruments, the left and right hand switch gear, the headlamp/indicators etc. If this does not work the loom will have to be re-routed close to the headstock and a different hole will have to be cut in the resurrected infill panel.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote