View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #937
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
The headlamp shell is now complete except for bonding the captive nuts inside and on a like for like basis the shell alone is 131g lighter than the original steel one.
Making fixings for the chrome bezel to the rim took a lot longer than planned. I settled on a 4mm mushroom head cap screw to engage in the notch in the bezel at the top and a 6mm aluminium plate drilled and tapped 5mm to take the bolt at the bottom. It was good way to do it but the execution was rather ruined when drilling the CF shell to attach the plate the drill walked about 4mm, it is adequately secured but it just looks a bit bodged.
Other than that CF work continues all the air-scoops have now one CF lamination, as does the seat base, the hugger has two. Making the larger components is infinitely preferable to laying up the CF on the smaller intricate ones, touch wood the hugger and the seat base do not come out too cosmetically challenged.

The re-made infill panels and the ignitech enclosure are completed and trimmed to fit in their designated locations, they are currently painted satin black but this is subject to change.

Finally, I jury rigged the headlamp supports and the support plate for my swivelling loom connector plate.

ETTC now down to 236 hours
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote