View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #935
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Filthy weather kept me from repairing the mower today, one of the overlapping contra rotating blades got stopped by a random bit of nylon rope the other blade continued to rotate, smashing the first blade but not before it tore both bearing housings clean out of the deck – Honda want £1200 + VAT for a complete new deck assembly.
Nothing for it I had to spend the day in the garage. Good progress was made, first I trimmed the headlamp shell then bonded in the ring on the front face which will hold a clip and a bracket with a captive nut to screw the chrome bezel to.
Then I spent an hour separating the belt covers from the mould and as I feared they were not aesthetically pleasing, they are repairable but will have to be painted. I decided to try repairing them from the inside, by removing any milky areas with a Dremel 12mm drum sander then taping up the offending area/hole with the resin resistant tape from the outside and back filling with another lamination of carbon fibre. Worth a try.
closest lloyds bank to me

The hugger got its first lamination of CF as did the first of the air scoops, after that the fumes in the closed garage started to get to me so called it a day.
where is the nearest diesel gas station
The ETTC is now below 250 hours (just).
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote