View Single Post
Old 31-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #932
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I had a full day yesterday and made good progress but only managed an hour in the garage today and after a bit of a struggle separated my re-made CF infill panels and headlamp bowl from their modified moulds.
I separated them after only one lamination of CF and very glad I did as it would have been impossible if the CF had been any less flexible. A wooden lolly stick proved very useful in separating the headlamp bowl from its mould, just thick and stiff enough to push between the CF and the mould without damaging the component or the mould
The results were better than first time round but not in any way outstanding, the good news is they are repairable but they will have to be filled and painted.
The ignitech enclosure is now finished in satin black and is a firm push fit into the triangular space behind and below the headstock. It clicks satisfyingly into place without the need for any fasteners. The battery box has been further tweaked and with the addition of some rubber moulding should seal the ignitech enclosure from above. I have yet to work out the exact cable harness route out of the box and where to put any rubber grommets.
ETTC now 256 hours
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote