View Single Post
Old 20-03-2019, 10:57 AM   #22
Macflurry

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATTOP View Post
I admire your commitment working by halogen in ****ty weather reminds me of my youth when my Bike was my only form of transport keep at it lol.

Nicely explained by Stafford it’s all about stack height to get a smooth selection.
Ha, thanks, the commitment is fuelled by the fact that I got the bike last year and I've managed to take it out about 4 times since so I'm determined not to miss the good weather this year as soon as it starts to show!!

I've had a stack of bearings, seals and washers turn up in the post and I have time to look at this again now. Looking at the clutch as it is the stack height is causing the last steel ring to sit outside the basket, which is where the pressure plate should be.

I've heard that to change the stack height you can buy narrower steel rings or refit some of the old friction plates to reduce the stack height. My old friction plates were covered in oil so I ideally don't want to reuse them. But, where you fit the plates in order there are two steel plates and the dished plate at the start. Could one of the steel plates be removed from there instead or would this cause other issues?
Macflurry is offline   Reply With Quote