View Single Post
Old 16-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #53
Geoff

Bike: M1000ie
In reference to part 1 In the case of my monster 1000 and any mates monsters fuel injected bike, any safety device i.e side stand etc or immobiliser will disable the starter motor function totally. Clocks will sweep etc as normal with total disregard for sensors i.e all instrument lights illuminate, speed and rpm sweep etc whether sensor faulty or even connected. Once initialisation completed then the ecu, clocks read the sensors. You can try it by disconnecting the oil pressure switch the instrument light will illuminate during switch on and will only extinguish at end of sweep. At switch on the unpowered key is powered by an electric field generated by your antenna which then generates a code transferred over the antenna to a PCF7991AT chip located inside the clocks. The code is then checked with the ecu and if any problem the immobiliser LED will re illuminate and disable the starter function. Rather detailed description I know but I stripped and rebuilt my clocks replacing the knackered stepper on the rpm, immobiliser chip, high beam LED and fault with flasher circuit.
In essence if it’s turning over then I’m reasonably sure is not safety switch or immobiliser related.
I use the JPDIAG software and find it very useful with additional features which you will find very useful. Within the software you can in real time interrogate the following:
Throttle position sensor (TPS) reset - maybe it’s so far out it won’t allow bike to start.
Rules out problem with TPS especially as it will visually change as you rotate throttle.
Injector firing - as suggested remove air box and check for fuel spray.
Checks integrity of ecu , wiring, injectors
If no so spray - is the fuel pump working correctly ?
Using the software switch on the pump separately with audible check but can be further checked by disconnecting the pump return and feeding into a bucket but be careful regarding any spillage as I’m sure you realise.
Coil firing - remove plugs - earth to engine and generate sparks.
Checks integrity of ecu, wiring, coils and plugs.

If the above all checks out and your confident about CPS and you’ve already exchanged motor then maybe it’s a timing issue on firing sequence but I’d check the above first as fairly straightforward with JPDIAG.
Very useful advice from others and hopefully sorted soon.

Last edited by Geoff; 16-07-2019 at 08:51 AM..
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote