View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 01:21 PM   #2
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
my 750ss windscreen needs a good clean and polish whats thge best method ,, at work we used to use liquid brasso and a soft cloth to get scratches out of expensive sub sea lenses would that be ok on motorcycle ????or other ideas ???
Expensive lenses might well have hardened surfaces so something a bit abrasive would be a good bet. Possibly smoothing out edges also reduces stress but unless you're very very deep probably makes no difference I'd imagine other than to the image quality.
Polycarbonate screens on bikes won't have any significant surface hardening, they'd keep snapping if they did.
I'd treat it the same as a visor ...
Warm soft soapy water, spray or pour onto one side and then wipe gently with a microfibre cloth to remove crud. By wipe I mean like sweeping NO circular scrubbing as any fine grit just marks the surface. Wash off with clean water.
Repeat on the other side and if there's still grub repeat.
Blot any water on the surfaces with a chammy and leave it to dry.

Else scrub it with brasso and then repeat with finer and finer grade abrasives to remove the scratches the brasso put into it. Hours later it will be clear again.