View Single Post
Old 21-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #44
Andy B

Bike: M900
finally getting round for a bit of an update on the build....

Sorting the valve clearances out seemed to drag something rotten..... and what a PITA of a job!!! i'll take my Guzzi when it comes to setting clearances over the Duc ANY day!!

So all the clearances were pretty far out when i came to it... thankfully after a lot of measuring and triple checking and subtracting and putting everything down on a spreadsheet and learning i've been using the measuring tools wrong and sending shims back to be swapped for the right ones once i'd leart my lesson, i've finally got all my clearances to factory spec! (Guzzi - turn the screwdriver half a turn, measure, tighten lock nut, put valve cover back on.- hell, you don't even need to take off the tank since the vee is the correct way round )

aaanyway.... desmo-rant over....

With the valves all done and covers back on, thought it a good time to fit the new oil cooler too... was a little bit of an extravagance, but I liked the cleaner look on the belt side of the engine, and once i put it on, I was very pleased I chose to splash out that extra 80 quid...

seemed a bargain after being told by Moto rapido that the lines were 100/110 each!

next up was the belts....I had been told they were done a few months before i bought the bike which was just on a year ago now.... but, being the trusting soul I am, thought i'd better treat it to a new set - plus it had Dayco belts on it which seem incredibly cheap on ebay....

I opted for the CA cycle works belts after reading a lot of good stuff about them.... (the saving of 20 quid helped too.. - almost covered the new oil and filter)

Whilst all the faffing with valves was going on i did a little bit here and there to the tanks getting them ready for paint...

was surprised just how good a nick they were in once all the paint was stripped...
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote