View Single Post
Old 14-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #23
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfireblade View Post
Jeez that rear sprocket/brake disc on the same side sounds off putting, especially as scottoilers tend to lube alot even on their minimum setting so getting it on your disc is a real possibility.
Is the steering lock left-to-right good on them? My 600 monster is awful, catches me out nearly every day some way or another.
Whats the difference in price between M1100 evo and your old M1100?
I wouldn't be put off by the rear sprocket/brake disc situation. Only if you use a flingy chain lube is there a problem. I had an issue with some Michelin chain lube that I picked up in France when I needed some chain lube. I believe the Wurth dry chain lube is good stuff which doesn't fling. A Scottoiler may be an issue if the oil flings.

The steering lock is pants. I think that's a Monster thing. Doesn't really bother me.

In November 2010 I paid about £8600 for a new 2009 M1100 with carbon Termis and Corse bodywork (RRP was over £10,000). The RRP for a 2012 Evo is £9250. In July this year I traded in my M1100 (with 15,000 miles on it) and paid £1000 to get a brand new Evo.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote