View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 10:17 PM   #21
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Don't know much about the contemporary ones but the oldies are very rugged classics. Now a V7 Sport in Lime green would be the one!!

That is beautiful, in the same way an original (drum braked) Laverda 750 SF is and much like the SF I should imagine fetching serious money these days.

I actually really like the look of the newer V7's and the earlier reincarnations are without ABS and rider modes I believe and also don't seem to fetch a fortune so there is a possibility there if a Cali proves too much of a heavyweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
Can't comment on the later Guzzis although I'd quite like a Griso but as a teenager, I lusted after (amongst other things) an 850 Le Mans which I thought was just the coolest sports bike ever.

Had to wait a few years to realise the dream and, even after all these years it doesn't disappoint.

Seems like a good opportunity to post a gratuitous pic;

Always loved the Le Mans too and always happy to see a photo of yours- thanks again for posting.

So that is my mind made up, I am definitely going to get a ride on one somewhere, not overly bothered on the model to begin with as I want to know what that motor feels like.

I still want to ride a Hardly~Ableson just because I never have. I have been up to a big main dealership near Guildford with the intention of taking out one of their many demonstrators. I know loads of people love them but I just haven't been able to get past the 'Mr Ben Fancy Dress Shop' part of it to let myself take one out.

I rode a BMW R nine T a year or so ago and liked it but from the factory it's not all day comfortable even with the optional comfort seat- I know it could probably be addressed but while there are other options to explore I want to see what grabs me.

In the Summer I test rode a Ducati Scrambler which again was okay if a little underwhelming (my Monster has a lot more character I thought), plus the tank range is (like several Harley's) ridiculously restrictive for going decent distances.

So I have some serious thinking to do as whatever I get I will need to juggle my garage around and I don't really want to sell any motorcycles to do it- the Monster (obviously) and my Vespa are definitely staying.

I don't particularly want to sell my Yamaha Thundercat as it's a bike I don't worry about leaving anywhere and if I need to commute in the future it would be perfect but if someone offered me a sensible price I might part with it.

But that only leaves my race bike and although I haven't raced for a few years it is a bloody lovely thing to have although part of me thinks it's a shame for it to only get run around the block instead of on track whereas another road bike would get used.

Maybe I'll put the 'Cat and the race bike on eBay in the New Year and whichever one sells makes my decision?

Oh the dilemma......