View Single Post
Old 13-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #9
Shuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggsy View Post
Not my experience!
Met guys from East Anglia, Midlands, London and all over the UK on the Coast to Coast run and felt very welcome.
Local group also friendly. Pedro, who is is one of the club officials, lives in Wiltshire and was only too happy to take a couple of us newbies for a spin after one of our breakfast meets last year.
I think this post is a slap in the face for those people who give up a lot of their own time to run this club and forum, organising the Weekender, sending out annual membership packs etc. I, for one, am very grateful to them.
This forum is full of useful info and comment, that’s why I log-in most days.
Well said Maggsy! I couldn't agree more. I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of people from all over the country at various club events over the years, quite a few of them I now consider to be life long friends. I can honestly say I've never met anyone in the club who wasn't welcoming and friendly. I generally find if you make the effort and actually go out and meet people, rather than make assumptions, you'll come away with something positive. Clubs like ours are run on good will, spare time and a lot of effort by a few for the many and I think that should be applauded. It's just a shame that a some people don't seem to share that view.