View Single Post
Old 25-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #25
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well I found some Hypermotard oil lines in Austria of all places. At just over fifty quid posted, I thought I would be a long time beating that so I went for it.

As Dave G said, all the Monster fittings are the same, so I was confident. However.....

Turns out that there are two types of fitting. The (early) AN6 type that Slob mentions and also the (late) spigot type with two tiny O-rings.
My new lines are spigot and O-ring, but my 2000 bike is AN6.
My only hope is that I can change the nipples if the threads in the engine and oil cooler are all the same.

An informative chat with Luke at Moto Rapido (and he thought it was a continuation of your conversation on this subject Jeff...) Revealed that the threads are all the same at M14 x 1.5 (Not 1.25 Rob) and so I could convert to the later nipples.

The change over to spigot and O-ring, was around 2001 apparently, so if you are planning this mod check your nipples first.
Nipples are part No.81510221A .
You will also need 2 X 78710111A and 2 x 42020064A Crush washers. Large to the oil cooler and small to the engine.

The lower parts are the earlier AN6 type. I thought the nipples were plastic, but appear to be plastic coated alloy and are identified by the conical end. The lines have nuts which are trapped at the end and cannot come back past the ring on the line.

Upper Later ones have O-rings visible and the nuts can run back down the line freely...Nipples are flat topped.