View Single Post
Old 29-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #9
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
I bought dsome Chinese levers £25. They were span and length adjustable AND folding. I liked the folding idea because I wanted to avoid the dmaging stress on my master cylinders when the bike falls over ( I think this may have happened on my 696 because when I replaced a damaged stock lever it was a bit looser than before the accident, lucky not to have snapped the mounting.) BUT I have since replaced the standard levers. The geometry of the cheap levers was sufficiently different from standard to give me a hand strain and much less clutch control around the bite point. Also, the cheap levers required quite a bit of fitting. The spigot hole needed enlarging to prevent binding and it needed relief where it was interfering with the adjusting nut on the push rod. These are quite subtle but very important adjustments if things are to be safe and smooth. Lastly, they looked like cheap crap. I liked the look of the Oberon levers, and they supply spares if required but really the stock levers are now my favourites and I have got this whole idea out of my system!
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote