View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #988
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
A couple of minor setbacks today, the first is that the Monster tank front over centre latch will not fit my tank, it has too big curvature designed in. No big deal, I would prefer some sort of mechanical latch but I think I will have to make do with bungee, which means I will have to make another “cotton reel”.
The second took absorbed a greater part of the day and is only half finished. I decided to make the gap filler for the cam belt covers. I cut my 2mm aluminium sheet and annealed it (rub with soap and heat until the soap turns brown - job done). I then knocked up a pattern out of an old oak door threshold and played with some clamps to shape it.

After a bit of a struggle this seemed to work. In doing so I realised that the outside profile of the new CF belt cover did not match the outside profile of the 6mm aluminium I had made previously. They were not a little bit out they just did not match within 3mm, it is hardly surprising as I drew the profile for the 6mm plate from the old inner belt cover and this was made of moulded rubber with a large radius curve towards the back plate. The only solution is to re-make both the 6mm plates.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote