View Single Post
Old 21-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
RossObey01

So today saw me recheck the belt tension because I forgot to move the vert. cylinder to tdc. No need to worry as that was all fine.

Moment of truth and she started up after a few seconds turning over, nothing to worry about there. I left it idling for 20 mins to warm the oil through before I dropped it out.

It was then that I realise that at some point the sump plug has been rounded off. I read that I should be a 10mm hex bit, but it looked more like a torx bit and the 10mm was very loose. Managed to get it off but I'll now have to wait for a new sump plug to arrive before refilling it.

The next job for today was the fuel filter, which was much easier than I expected. Simply clamp the inlet hose next to the filter, undo the small hose clamps and replace.

New one on then found out the small bolt that holds the filter bracket to the underside of the tank has been snapped at some point and was held in by less than one turn of the thread.

It's the same size (just a little shorter) as the cambelt inspection cover bolts, if anyone knows what size they are? M5 perhaps?

Last edited by RossObey01; 26-03-2016 at 03:11 PM..