View Single Post
Old 26-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #10
Strokersmoke

Bike: S4
Clarification

Hi, I've just got back from holiday and seen the thread so I thought I ought to clear up a few issues.

Firstly, Kato is correct, it isn't a Challenge seat. The Challenge bikes had a standard dual seat with the giant carbon hump. I had forgotten that mine had been changed by the first owner, albeit for a fantastic piece of kit.
The radiator protector frame is a genuine challenge item, however.

Kato's link is the original advert from Italia Moto. Mileage, just over 600, which is why the bike looks new, but of course all the recommissioning had not been done at that stage. I've owned the bike for three years and have done around 2000 miles since then. It still looks new.

Thanks to smiffyraf1 for getting it right!

The seat hump and front fairing look brand new and bear the same numbers as the series winning bike. I suspect that these were stickered up for display purposes after the series ended. They don't look like they have ever done any road, never mind race mileage. I will try to attach some pictures. if I fail, (as before) if anyone is interested I'll send them via email.

I am genuinely giving up biking which is why I'm selling and it has been a very hard decision to arrive at, although I have been known to relapse on occasions.

I hope this helps to clarify some of the uncertainty.

Strokersmoke is offline   Reply With Quote